Monday, June 10, 2013

Ring The Bell for IndiChange

Well, my idea to Ring The Bell is to treat womenfolk with respect and I would request my readers to follow the same. Because this is the only way we can take the first and foremost step to bring violence against women to a halt.

Let's take an example. Say, a young lady is walking down the street in modern attire. Ok, she is in a short top with open shoulders, and a mini-skirt; or say she is walking alone after dark. But that doesn't give any guy a right to harass her just because he thinks her dress is provocative, or she is inviting you. If a girl is wearing a modern dress, then I agree a guy's eyes will definitely follow her body atleast once; but that's the line, really. Admire the beauty in your mind and move on; keep your distance. 

Just imagine your sister/spouse in such a position, then how bad you'll feel if someone throws tantrums on them. Well, then you'll say, I will never allow my family's ladyfolk to roam around like that outside home. What! You won't allow them to go see a movie on their own!  Aren't they human being that they have to have your permission to step out of the house every time?! I don't think so. I say, one should inform the family members where they are going but that's it, why should a permit be required all the time!

Womenfolk are not our pets. (Even pets get behaved with much more cordially than women in India, and I am ashamed to write this statement but it's a fact of our times). Therefore, I request and ask all my fellow Indians, in conjunction with Ring The Bell movement, not to disrespect women whether inside your family and/or outside your relation.

Thank you very much for reading and following the sincerest advice. I hope this post of mine changes the thinking pattern of men in a positive way. Only then, we can proudly shout - Jai Hind.


P.S. -- This blogpost is written as an entry for the IndiBlogger initiative in association with Bell Bajao

2 comments:

Ankita Singhal said...

Your posts are always inspiring and straight from hear. Good to see that you strongly believe in providing safe atmosphere for girls.
Thank you for this awesome post.

Vikas Pratap Singh 'हितैषी' said...

I write what I preach in my daily life :) Hope atleast even one person's mindset changes towards women in India after listening/reading me!