Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Action recap of IPL stars

It was Friday last night and I was not able to watch any match of the ongoing maha muqabla of cricket, i.e., IPL that day as we were working late as mentioned in my last post. And one of the best things happened that day. My friend Mohit Sharma grabbed his best IPL figures against Mumbai Indians in the Friday match. Taking 4/14 is a wonderful figure in a T20 match. This figure also propelled him to the Top 2 best bowling figures this season as well as the Top 2 maximum wickets this IPL. His earlier figures were 3/10 against Delhi Daredevils last year, where, as I recall, he trapped Sehwag to play his ball for a catch at long on.

Now about his marvellous bowling that friday I was unaware about it till next day. When I was in flight on Saturday, then I heard people talking about his awesome bowling the previous day. I couldn't wait then. I foolishly took out my smartphone to to watch yesterday's match highlights but realized later that there is no internet facility on Indian flights yet.

As soon as we landed and I took the metro to Badarpur, I logged on to starsports.com on my Android and went to its Action Recap feature to savour every ball of his yesterday bowling. And I was wowed in the over when he took three wickets in 6 balls, truly mesmerizing. His death bowling and then Brendon McCullum's superb start while CSK was batting ensured they win the match with grace. And MI was rattled by Mohit's splendid bowling effort. As a cricket fan and his friend, I couldn't ask for more. It was a feeling of grandeur for me too when I finished his Action Recap on starsports.com. May he continues to produce more such appealing figures and entertain us.


P.S. -- This post is a part of Cricket just got better! Activity by starsports.com in association with BlogAdda.com.

No comments: