Friday, May 2, 2014

IPL in the car

Once again starsports.com saved me from missing crucial moments of last night's match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Mumbai Indians in the last leg of Indian Premier League 2014 in United Arab Emirates.

Actually we had gone on a 100 km one way trip to Mekedatu, the Sangam of rivers Cauvery and Arkavathy, near Bangalore. While travelling back in the late hours of the day I realised that today is the last IPL match outside India. And as soon as I took out my Android to watch the match live whatever left on the Star Sports website, I encountered no network signal since we were in a desolate jungle area that time. And I was sure then that I will miss the match today also.

However, there was a beacon of hope too. As soon as we reached home, after freshening up, I switched on my desktop pc and logged on to starsports.com to witness their Zip Clips section where the video of Irfan Pathan bowling last over to save match for SRH against MI had just been posted. Watched the full over there to actually see how he came out to be the unlikely hero of the match for his team and his captain Shikhar Dhawan.

However for me the unlikely hero here turned out to be the amazing revamped website of Star Sports network, which hosts an array of latest features to make sure we don't miss out on anything important in these IPL matches. With the second and last leg of the series just to start in 2 days' time in India where we have a crucial match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, it will be exciting to see which players and which team dominates on Indian pitches. And soon the match will come to Bangalore between RCB and CSK and hopefully like the last year, I will get a match pass from my friend Mohit Sharma to catch the action live at Chinnaswamy stadium on 24th of May.


P.S. -- This post is a part of Cricket just got better! Activity by starsports.com in association with BlogAdda.com.

No comments: