Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Goal Model

One more post dedicated towards friend, and this time as a role model, Mohit Sharma - the IPL bowling star for last two seasons. Till now I have written about him only in cricketing aspects. But today I am going to reveal some of his intrinsic qualities which surely make him a role model for several youth of the nation, including me, as is evident from the response to his Facebook page (managed both by him and myself).

I remember being in 8th standard when me and my father used to play badminton or cricket during evening time at a playground in between my and Mohit's house. One twilight he had none  of his usual play-friends in the ground yet, so he offered to bowl me. I being an average batsman and well aware of his reputation as a fast bowler in our mutual class, as soon as bowled I left the crease open to avoid any injury to myself while the ball traversed a perfect yorker seam and dispaced my left stump (brick wickets instead of regular stumps).

I just smiled sheepishly in amazement to which he came near to me and said 'Bas aise hi Sachin ka killa udana hai"... Have to fly off Sachin (Tendulkar)'s stump like this once.... I remember these exact words in my mind till now. And got to relive the effect of this statement when in Schin's last Ranji match - Mumbai v/s Haryana - Mohit clean bowled the batting maestro on 10 runs.



The pic above describes the moment perfectly when Mohit robbed the stadiumful of people gathered to watch Sachin's last domestic innings. Fans slashed and abused him verbally on public forums but few, like me, truly savored the moment and honored Maestro's lomgevity on the top of world cricket as well as a newcomer's knock on the doors of Indian bowling lineup.


P.S. -- I am writing about #MyRoleModel as a part of the activity by Gillette India in association with BlogAdda.com.

No comments: